Kindergarten/ Grade 1/ Grade 2/ Grade 3
In the Lower School students expand their abilities as they transition from focusing upon their individual needs to thinking about the group and the world around them. This is a rewarding period for students as they develop knowledge, skills, and strategies that help them solve problems independently and collaboratively. To thrive at a high level of creative capacity children need the freedom to explore ideas, to ask questions, and to take risks. The lower grades classroom at Nashoba Brooks provides an atmosphere where creative thinking thrives and where rote learning gives way to authentic inquiry.
What Makes us Unique
- Small Class Size: 10 – 16 students
- Specialists: Our technology, science, and math specialists enlighten young students.
- Campus: All students have open-arms access to the art and music studios, gyms, library, and science and computer labs. These subjects are never considered an “extra”, but an essential part of the school day.
- Small Reading Groups: We limit reading groups to seven or fewer students in order to focus on each child’s developmental needs and take him or her to the next level.
- True Equity: Girls as well as boys are encouraged to be physically active, and boys as well as girls are encouraged to be emotionally expressive.